Lynas is the world’s second largest producer of Rare Earth materials, with a proven track record.
Lynas holds a unique position as the world’s second largest Rare Earths producer and the only significant producer outside China. Rare Earths are essential inputs to high growth global manufacturing supply chains, including digital age technologies and green technologies such as electric vehicles and wind turbines.
Designed from the ground up as an environmentally responsible producer, we have a portfolio of integrated assets to explore, develop, mine and process Rare Earth minerals:
- Mt Weld – one of the world’s highest grade rare earths mines, located 35km south of Laverton at Mt Weld in Western Australia
- Mt Weld Concentration Plant – commissioned in 2011 and located 1.5km from the mine site
- Lynas Malaysia – a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility where we separate and process Rare Earth materials. Located in the Gebeng Industrial Estate near the Port of Kuantan in Malaysia, the plant commenced production in 2012.
Lynas is recognised as a leading supplier of sustainable Rare Earth materials and our supply chain is traceable from mine to finished magnets, through our operations and our qualified partners. This security of supply is essential for sustainable market growth.
Our high quality products include:
- Neodymium and Praseodymium (NdPr) used in magnets
- Lanthanum (La)
- Cerium (Ce) and
- Mixed Heavy Rare Earths (SEG).