- LAMP Data
- Our Workplace
- Our Communities
- Our Customers
- Our Ethical Business Practices and Governance
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
- Both Lynas’ sites have been operating safely for 5 years.
- Both Lynas’ sites have been recertified, in 2017, to ISO14001 (Environmental Management).
- There has been no increase in background radiation at independently measured sites 1km, 5km, 10km or 20km from the Lynas Advanced Materials Plant in Kuantan.
- The IAEA (International Atomic Energy Authority) rates Lynas Malaysia’s operations as “intrinsically low risk”.
- We have installed industry-leading systems at both sites to minimise impact on the environment via:
- water management systems in Mt. Weld, Western Australia
- waste gas emission systems and water management systems at Lynas Malaysia
- In 2017, LAMP operations have successfully met all of our environmental management commitments relating to water, waste, noise, and air quality management.
- Lynas Malaysia monitoring results are publicly available on the Lynas website and the websites of the AELB and the DOE.
Priorities for 2018:
- Continue to operate in accordance with the strict environmental management requirements enforced in Australia and Malaysia by the relevant Government authorities.
- Undertake regular independent monitoring to assess what impact, if any, our operations are having on the environment.
- Continue to monitor and manage our water resources at Mt Weld
Find out more:
- Regulatory Governance
- Radiation Management
- Recycling and Waste Management
- Water Management
- Residue/Tailings Management
- Monitoring and Reporting
“Lynas operations have had no adverse impact on the nearby residents, or the surrounding villages and we are committed to our local communities and preserving the environment.”