- Lynas Malaysia Monitoring Data
- Our Workplace
- Our Communities
- Our Customers
- Our Ethical Business Practices and Governance
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
- Lynas contributes over RM300 million to the Malaysian economy every year.
- In 2017, Lynas spent over RM2 million on research with local partners.
- In 2017, 80% of inputs at Lynas Malaysia were sourced locally.
- Lynas supports the local community through:
- Back to school program: donation of school uniforms and stationary to local students in need
- Bi-monthly recycled clothing stall in the local Kuantan community to contribute clothing for free
- The provision of materials and labour for repairs to school and community buildings
- Promotion of education initiatives to help create future opportunities for the next generation
- Helping to conserve and protect cultural heritages in surrounding regions
- Lynas arranges and participates in a number of festive celebrations with different cultural groups.
- Lynas contributes over A$60 million to the Australian economy every year.
- Lynas has relocated its accommodation base from the Granny Smith Mine to an accommodation village in the nearby town of Laverton.
- Lynas has been an active board member for the Laverton Leonora Cross Cultural Association (LLCCA) since 2009 through hands-on, in-kind and financial support. The LLCCA operates as a community hub to encourage local Aboriginal people to be creative through a number of different programs including art and music. The LLCCA is recognised as a safe space within the community where the area is drug, alcohol and smoke free.
- Lynas contributes to numerous Shire of Laverton initiatives each year, including:
- ANZAC Day
- Clean Up Laverton Day
- NAIDOC Week Celebrations
- Christmas and other Shire events
- Lynas continues to support the annual Laverton Swimstars Program which was instigated by Lynas in January 2014. SwimStars encourages local children to learn to swim in a safe and friendly environment and promotes water safety and confidence.
- Lynas provides transport to and from Laverton for the Curtin Volunteers who are involved in numerous projects in Laverton including community cultural trips, community activities and youth activities.
- Lynas assists the Shire of Laverton in providing doctors supporting the local community
- Lynas has assisted the Shire and other Laverton groups by transporting items of need such as mattresses, bicycles, clothing and footwear from Perth to Laverton.
Priorities for 2018:
- Work with the Kuantan community to upgrade the Balok Library and other educational facilities.
- Continued support for existing programs mentioned above at Mt Weld and Kuantan.
- Continued engagement with the local communities to identify and support those in need.
Find out more:
“Our people are the core of our business and we believe that taking the time and effort to do work safely and right first time is the only way.”